WELCOME

Mary's Cottage Treasures

Click "HERE" to go directly to my shop.


Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wilbur Candy Shop, Lititz, PA

We spent Christmas this year in PA where
our daughter and her family now live. Close-by in the
 little town of Lititz is a wonderful family owned candy shop,
Wilbur Chocolate Company, which is 145 years old.
One section of the shop has numerous candy molds
 and candy making equipment from early days.
I had more fun looking at them than all the different
 types of chocolate to buy! I thought you might
enjoy some of my pictures.
So sorry I couldn't share some of the chocolate with you!
They were totally amazing!











I hope you enjoyed this mini-tour!
This is also where there are many Amish and
Mennonite farms in the lovely rolling countryside.
I'll share those pictures next week, so please come back.
Blessings  ~>~>~>~>~  Mary Patterson

6 comments:

gail said...

Hi Mary,,, What a great shop. I would love to visit this place.
I love the old molds! Chocolate Easter Bunnies are my favorite food(())Gail

Anonymous said...

Mary

What a sweet little candy shop!

Love the old molds and candy making tools.

The chocolate does not look bad either! :)

Thanks for sharing a part of your vacation.

Carolee Crafts said...

All the history, beautiful and the choccies look very tasty as well.

Unknown said...

Oh my Mary how wonderful! I wish I could have been there to see that candy shop in person. Love all the pics you posted and the chocolate looks to die for..yummy! Who can resist that? lol Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day,
xxoo

Janet
Janet'S Creative Pillows

Patricia said...

Love all the pictures of the equipment and molds. May have to venture out on a day trip there come the nice weather! I'm telling you, I can smell chocolate now!
Hugs,
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Riviera Brides said...

Love this mini-tour thanks for sharing. Your blog is great, I'm following you now. Hope you're gonna do the same. Talk soon, all the best in the meanwhile
http://wedding-planner-costa-azzurra.blogspot.com/